Congratulations Lindsay and Ryan! The newlyweds were married at the Underground Museum in Los Angeles. We are in love with Lindsay’s dress and all the personal touches from her floral arrangement (made by the groom!) to the location selected by the couple because of their personal connection to the founder. The spectacular outdoor setting at this under-the-radar location provided the perfect intimate atmosphere. Many thanks to our mate, Susan, for being the day-of planner, bringing together all the details of the event and making the evening one to remember for all! Many congratulations to the couple!
Nautical themed weddings have become increasingly popular. Whether you create your perfect day along the shoreline or bring the beachy décor to an upscale location, this seaside scene is in! Still keeping to the theme, there are so many options to explore.
Couples have selected a wide variety of locations and décor that have turned out nothing short of stunning. Explore the yacht clubs, estates, beaches, along with the do’s and don’ts of nautical weddings.
We’ve seen beaches, waterfront resorts, yacht clubs, country clubs, and many others. With price as something to always consider, you must also decide if you would like a more modern twist or stick to the traditional décor. Modern detailing can provide a fresh new feel, while traditional remains elegant as always.
TOP 10 NAUTICAL WEDDING SPOTS:
- Oceanbleu at Westhampton
- Terranea Resort, Palos Verdes
- Massachusetts Yacht Club
- Boca Raton Resort and Club
- Royal Lahaina Resort, Maui
- Auberge Du Soleil Resort, Napa
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort
- Fess Parker, Santa Barbara
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island
This traditional look uses the tried and true sailing colors: navy, white, & Red. You can’t go wrong with this! TIP: tie in rope or string to offer a little more creativity
RUSTIC & BEACHY:
Break free from the traditional colors with natural hues for a modern, beachy twist TIP: Use a wooden look to give the invites a textured feel
- More casual & modern- Hydrangeas
- More elegant & traditional- white roses
- For an easy centerpiece or simple decoration, tie rope around glass jars and fill with flowers
- Add seashells and coral to create a more casual scene
CREATING THE PERFECT CAKE
- For a rustic look, combine sandy or wooden colors with the crèmes of wedding cakes. Smaller more casual weddings call for sand decorations and seashells, while a more upscale wedding may use something like the simple, ruched option below.
- Sticking to the traditional colors of blue, red and yellow, these decadent cakes present an array of options for those with a simpler taste and those who prefer something more intricate.
- The square stacked cake presents a unique option for any wedding.
HOW TO: PRETTY YOUR WEDDING PARTY
- Bridesmaids: Stick to solids! Navy blue or taupe look best!
- Trending: Put younger boys in shorts! Or use for a daytime or casual wedding
- Men Must-Haves: Boat Shoes