As far as themes go, the “Wild Wild West” and “Desert” theme is well suited for just about any event. With so many different options, it has been used for kid’s birthday parties, baby showers, and even weddings! From table decorations to the food you serve, this guide covers every detail down to the icing on your cake. No matter how casual or high-end the occasion, there's sure to be a fit for you.
SET THE STAGE
- For both formal and casual, use lanterns to spice up the ceiling of your event
- Colors like red, light orange, and white set the tone really nicely
- In a wedding setting, sticking to whites and greens especially in floral designs can create a simple and elegant look
- Wooden barns or ranch locations will make for a beautiful destination wedding
- For a more casual setting, incorporate bandanas and cowboy hats
- Use mason jars to serve drinks and add to the cowboy setting
FOOD & DESSERTS
Fun for Kids!
- Keep kids busy with a DIY box set up! Include a Saloon and Jail, great for playtime and pictures.
- Create a bin of ponies to double as both a toy and decoration
- Cow print paper goods make for a cute table setting. Brown bags and wanted signs serve as an adorable and easy to make placeholder.
- Rope can be used as an awesome decoration. Coil it into the birthday boy/girl’s name to add to the walls!
And more ...
- Sunflowers and daisies are great for western floral decorations and table displays
- Create your own "Saloon" for drinks (Soda Saloon for the kids!)
- Use checkered picnic tables with light blues and red to add color. Rope string tied around the napkins adds a quirky touch!
- Wooden and rustic colors presents an upscale feel to the wedding.
- Use a venue like a barn or ranch for breathtaking photos with a very western feel
- To avoid looking too casual, use lots of greens in floral arrangements. Adding a touch of light pink is subtle and looks great.
- Depending on your location, wooden furniture adds a nice touch and set the tone very nicely, even with nice glassware and table settings